Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Crappy Day

Hard to imagine that today could be called Happy. But we might as well take it in stride! I just completed 9 years without my lover boy Bert. Man oh man! I like to head to our St. David home and have my alone time on this most sad anniversary... it's okay to mourn one day out of the year right?! And there are tears of longing and pain but they are quickly overshadowed with faith and hope for a brighter tomorrow.
Tara took the day off to be with me and we shared the day with Papa & Grandma. They are both feeling the pangs of old age and illness (which is why we only took 1 picture today). Papa had a project that we helped him with, we shared fun memories and Tara sang songs that Bert loves and we all enjoyed. We did a little housekeeping at the cemetery and enjoyed the beautiful San Pedro Valley with Bert very near us all day.
My parting comment is always the same...don't forget me darling! I can't wait to see you!

St. David cemetery visit in 2007 -
Zack, Papa, Arleen, Grandma, Tara.

Tara with her Papa

2 comments:

Jason said...

yep, crappy day alright. i don't even try to remember that date-- but i always know that kyle's birthday is soon to come.

Didion 6-Pack said...

Arleen, I'm so glad you have a blog. I so thoroughly enjoyed reading every single word on here and looking at all the beautiful pictures. I miss you so much, you are such a wonderful lady. Your last post brought a tear to my eye - 9 long years, I'm sure. Love you lots, Erin